ONE: ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION CREATE MORE OPPORTUNITIES THAN EVER
Today’s automation robotics have the power to put North American manufacturers at the forefront of a new opportunity and a greater ability to compete with offshore companies and also to empower workers in new ways.
In fact, as more U.S. manufacturers are bringing work back home from overseas, robots play a key role in making this possible.
TWO: ROBOTS SUPPORT OUR CHANGING WORKFORCE
In the United States, the labor force has been shrinking in recent years as population growth slows. And since the exodus of much manufacturing to Asia, fewer Americans are training in manufacturing or attending trade schools.
These factors make it more challenging for manufacturers to adequately staff production lines with enough manpower, especially for repetitive, lower-skill tasks. Along with fewer workers comes more demand for engaging jobs.
THREE: NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO BE COMPETITIVE GLOBALLY
As automated robotic technology becomes more versatile, accessible and commercialized, companies can leverage it in more ways than ever across production lines.
Acieta helps to give North American companies new ways to boost production at a lower cost and re-shore opportunities while creating new and better jobs that demand higher skills and create safer, healthier work environments.
Our automated robotics help your company be efficient, responsive, flexible and innovative—all key elements of staying competitive.
ROBOTICS CAN WORK IN YOUR INDUSTRY
- AGRICULTURE – Robots distinguish field weeds from crop plants and eliminate the need for GM crops or untargeted spraying with herbicide
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH – Robots collect data from ocean surfaces and underwater, even operating during storms and safeguarding human lives
- FOOD SERVICE – Robots perform on the factory floor and elsewhere, even as an espresso machine that fills custom orders
- HEALTHCARE – Robots help monitor patients to direct doctors and nurses to the patients most in need
- MANUFACTURING – Robots are becoming increasingly adept at executing complex tasks, intelligent movement and selection, dexterous movements and performing multiple actions
- REHABILITATION – Bionic parts are helping paraplegics walk again
- SOLAR – Robots help harness energy at solar farms where extreme weather makes manual monitoring difficult
WHY USE ROBOTS?
Robots offer numerous benefits including:
- Increased productivity – Robots are able to carry out the most repetitive or dangerous tasks in a facility with complete precision and consistency, every time. In addition to freeing human workers to complete more engaging (and better paying) tasks, robots can reduce scrap and waste through improved accuracy, increase efficiency, and operate around the clock. All of these benefits add up to much higher productivity in manufacturing operations.
- Increased accuracy – Once programmed, robots are able to repeat the same task or process over and over again without deviation. This means fewer rejected parts.
- Lower costs – With increased productivity, efficiency and accuracy come cost benefits as well, as robots help facilitate more work being completed in less time.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF ROBOTS?
Robots can play an important part in the future of nearly every industry:
- In manufacturing, robots are enabling companies to save costs and bring back processes that were previously outsourced.
- Robots help address the skills gap by fulfilling the dirty and dangerous tasks that make some positions difficult to keep filled.
- Robots are changing the face of manufacturing by doing the mundane, repetitive and dangerous jobs. This creates the need for more interesting, challenging and higher-paying positions. By creating a more engaging, safer workplace, robots aid in employee retention, and can reduce staffing costs for recruiting, hiring and training.
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: