Advanced Welding Systems
Delivering weld quality at a lower cost
WHY CONSIDER ADVANCED ROBOTIC WELDING?
An advanced robotic welding system lowers costs and improves quality, regardless of order size. It even improves safety and helps engineers create more innovative product designs.
NO MINIMUM ORDER SIZE
Robots are flexible machines that can be easily reprogrammed and need minimal hard tooling. That means there's little setup, making robotic welding systems practical for low-volume orders. Robotic welding even saves money on complex one-off assemblies, where the programming effort is repaid in faster welding and less risk of scrap. With fewer parts needed to set up the automated welding machine, there’s more capacity for production.
Robots in automated welding systems move faster and more consistently than a human welder. They get into hard-to-reach places, never tire and never make mistakes. Together, these mean robotic welding systems:
- Produce more pieces per hour and per week than a human welder can.
- Increase yields by avoiding mistakes. This eliminates scrap and sacrificial or test pieces while saving money and lowering costs — especially on complex, high-value jobs.
- Improve schedule adherence, as no shortages mean every order ships complete and on time.
- Lower per-piece consumption of consumables like gas and wire because it moves faster while depositing only the minimum amount of metal needed.
- Increase confidence in weld quality, possibly allowing less downstream inspection.
- Enable designs requiring welds that a human welder cannot make because of restricted access or orientation (which gives engineering freedom to create more innovative products).
- Improve safety by reducing human exposure to fumes, weld splatter and flash. (Reduced need for personal protective equipment is another cost saving!)
Custom - Robotic positioner weld cells
Let a positioning robot handle the repetitive job of loading and unloading so you can reassign human operators to quality-related jobs. This change lowers production costs, provides more repeatable quality and minimizes injury risks. It's a safer, faster way to handle products - including large, heavy and awkward parts
- Manual load/unload time significantly reduced
- No overhead assist required
- Automatic gripper change for different parts
- 6 degrees of freedom
- Reduce risk of injury
- Typically lower cost for large weldments
- Parts can be easily conveyed to and from the system reducing material handling in up and down stream production
Custom - Fixtureless weld cells
Combine handling robots with welding robots to eliminate the need for an operator to load/unload dedicated ﬁxtures used in traditional weld cells. Reduce costs and time spent buying, maintaining and storing ﬁxtures, and use a more efﬁcient footprint. Change over on the ﬂy and create one piece ﬂow, minimizing inventory and work in process for savings beyond traditional ROI calculations.
- Reduced direct labor cost
- Lights-out operation
- Increased productivity and consistent output
- Improved quality
- Enhanced safety
- Improved working environment
- Creation of new and better jobs
- Reduced/elimination of tooling
- Minimal maintenance (no tooling to wear)
THE ADVANCED WELDING SOLUTIONS COMPANY
Implementing welding robotics successfully demands extensive automation experience and a deep understanding of welding processes. Acieta has a long track record in welding automation, and expertise in building complete systems incorporating swing boom positioners, tilt/rotate tables and headstock/tailstock units.
Partnering with FANUC, one of world’s leading robotics manufacturers, gives Acieta access to a huge family of advanced robots. A FANUC welding robot is able to reach more than 4.68 meters (15.35 feet) and carry 2,300 kilograms (5,070 pounds), meaning there are advanced welding solutions to suit every manufacturer — large or small.
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: