Assemble and erect complex precision mechanical assemblies and complicated mechanisms having critical dimensional specifications and operating relationships. The fitting of components, calibration of operating units, alignment, and/or balancing of completed assemblies requires a high degree of skill and a broad knowledge of mechanical principles and assembly techniques plus diversified long-term experience.
- Inspect parts for proper machining finish and dimensions and check and test sub-assemblies and units.
- Work from complicated and detailed drawings, specifications, engineering drawings, sketches, bills of materials, production orders, and instructions.
- On-the-floor engineering to design, machine, fabricate, and draw mounting devices, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical line routing. This will require a broad knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic components, schematics, and operations.
- Operate welding equipment to cut or weld parts, operate lathes, mills, and grinders to machine or fabricate parts needed to build the systems.
- Confer with supervisor, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve assembly problems.
- Proceed with minimum instruction and supervision. Completed assemblies are subject to inspection and test. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Understand the ISO Quality Manual and applicable processes.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Education, Experience, Skills, Licenses, and Other Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
- Steel toed safety boots required
- Some travel is required
- Acieta Internal Lock-Out/Tag-Out training
- All other internal training required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
** A credit card is needed while traveling to assist with hotels, meals, etc. (Expenses are reimbursed upon return)
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.