Location: Council Bluffs, IA
An Electrical Assembly Technician who can perform a variety of complex production assembly operations and inspects finished products to ensure compliance with production standards and specifications. Requires the ability to use blueprints, diagrams, written schedules, drawings and oral or written instructions to assemble component parts and sub-assemblies. Use a wide range of machines, hand tools and electrical assembly components to produce good quality parts and assemble items to be used on and integrated with industrial automation and robotic system applications.
- Build electrical panels, junction boxes, and various electrical components with minimal supervision. Connect component wires to circuits and connect wires between individual component leads.
- Plan assembly procedures and methods to assure efficient and timely progress.
- Proceed with minimum instruction and supervision to completed assemblies are subject to inspection and test.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate to customers and managers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical documents.
- Possess our Core Values
- Customer First
- Positive Attitude
- Passion and Hunger
Do you have all these abilities? If you do, GREAT, if not and want to increase your skill set, we can teach you. Experience can sometimes be the greatest teacher. Plus, the opportunity to learn so much more.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
- Steel toed safety boots required
- Some travel is required
- Acieta Internal Lock-Out/Tag-Out training
- All other internal training required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.