Location: Council Bluffs, IA
This position will be responsible for the mechanical design of robotic automation systems.
Design robotic automation projects within a defined time frame and budget allowance by performing the following duties.
- Evaluate project definition and formulate the conceptual design and technical requirements. Analyze projects for technical feasibility regarding engineering, manufacturability, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist personnel in accomplishing project commitments. Experience in designing and sizing complex mechanical components, assemblies, and robots.
- Perform mechanical design of robotic cells. This includes detailed design of cell components, as well as overall cell layout.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotations to represent realistic expectations of the capabilities and the profitability goals of Acieta.
- Lead meetings consistent with company procedures for design evaluation, design/drawing releases, project status, and project kick-off. Modify schedules or plans required to maintain required goals within reasonable limits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to company core values:
Positive Attitude - We are fix focused, no excuses, and lead by example
Passion / Hunger - A relentless pursuit for excellence
Ownership - It is my responsibility; I will get it done
Trustworthy - Our commitment is our bond
Customer First - We think of the customer as ourselves.
Do you have all these abilities? If you do, GREAT, if not and want to increase your skill set, we can teach you. Experience can sometimes be the greatest teacher. Plus, the opportunity to learn so much more.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Manufacturing Engineering and Applied Engineering Degrees considered.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD and Soldiworks. Experience with other 3D and 2D CAD software considered.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical design in the robotics or automation industry.
- Experience in designing systems that utilize many different pieces of equipment
- Experience in MS Excel.
- Manufacturing or Machine Tool Load/Unload experience; including work holding and fixturing a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.