Software Controls Engineer
Software Controls Engineer
Estimated start date - September 2019
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Provide the programming to design and develop PLC and HMI controls along with other technical expertise necessary to support quality integration, assistance/start up, and customer training associated with the company's products on time and on budget as well as ensure meeting traditional customer service expectations of customers of industrial products. To be a critical part of a project (on-site or off-site); with the ability to make technical, discretionary and independent judgment decisions at any time necessary while maintaining all communication with the project manager.
- Responsible for programming cell PLCs, Cell Control PLCs, and HMI systems so they meet the customer’s expectations.
- Responsible for assisting the customer service group when service calls require PLC or HMI troubleshooting.
- Tracking hitlist, work plans, and tracking current hours to budgeted for assigned projects. These items will be updated regularly and communicated to integration supervisor and project manager.
- Create as many standards as possible utilizing past code as a baseline to lower future project costs. Ability to make the programs scalable for future changes.
- 24 Hour hotline assistance will be required when assigned.
- Maintain the policy that if Acieta’s built equipment installed and in production at customer's site is down, it receives highest priority attention for service unless instructed otherwise by Acieta’s management. Keep the Acieta’s Integration Supervisor or your Project Manager informed on a daily basis of customer complaints or dissatisfaction.
- Follow all established customer service procedures and practices (i.e. telephone log of service calls, trip report log) to maintain an orderly reference file in the Customer Service Office. This also includes the necessity to maintain a clearly documented record of software files for his/her project that can be easily accessed by any technician to restore a cell in the field.
- Ensure that any information relevant to Job Files (log sheets from assistance work, robot cell inspection sheets, trip reports, etc.) are given to the Customer Service Manager in a timely manner.
- Provide input to Engineering, Manufacturing, and Acieta’s management as appropriate to inform them of findings that are significant to designing or developing improved or new products. These may range from excerpts of trip reports to specifically written memos or oral conversations. These must include any performance or functional problems or product quality concerns.
- Assistance with quotation/proposal activity as requested to assure valid and accurate representation of capabilities of robotic or flexible automation products of the company and realistic costs in terms of manpower expenditures and equipment/software requirements to achieve these goals.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by an Integration Supervisor or your Project Manager.
- Utilize various software programs available within Acieta
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) is recommended or equivalent from two-year College or technical school offering PLC/HMI training and a minimum of five years related experience writing and debugging programs and operator interfaces; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at ease working with others of essentially equal or even greater technical expertise and experience in an effective manner.
- Must be able to travel; up to 50%.
- Must have the ability to make independent, advanced and technological decisions with projects while maintaining communications with Project Managers to complete project and customer satisfaction.
Email Resume to apply: email@example.com
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: