Robotic Systems Engineer
Robotic Systems Engineer
Location: Council Bluffs, IA (Relocation assistance available)
Provide robotic programming and other professional, technical expertise necessary to support quality integration, assistance/start-up, and customer training associated with the company’s products on time and on budget as well as ensure meeting traditional customer service expectations of customers of induction products. To be a critical part of a project (on-site and off-site); with the ability to make technical decisions, discretionary and independent judgment decisions at any time necessary while maintaining all communication with the project manager.
- Provide the technical expertise required for integration, programming, assistance, and service of robotic cells, including planning/writing of programming code as necessary.
- Assist in controlling costs associated with support of the product and project commitments to meet budgeted guidelines.
- Make recommendations to other functional areas to achieve quality improvement or lowering of design and manufacturing costs of Acieta's products.
- Assist in handling incoming calls for service assistance or parts orders consistent with the company's Spare Parts Order Policy or other comparable policies.
- Maintain company’s service policy of built equipment, assisted, and in production at customer's site when down.
- Follow all established customer service procedures and practices (i.e. telephone log of service calls, trip report log and file, reference file of Service Manuals and "Engineering Bulletins" from Fanuc or other robot vendors) to maintain an orderly reference file.
- Ensure that any information relevant to a Job File (log sheets from assistance work, robot cell inspection sheets, trip reports, etc.) is provided in a timely manner.
- Provide inputs to Engineering, Manufacturing, and management as appropriate; informing them of findings that are significant to designing or developing improved or new products.
- Work with all robot technicians to transfer any new technical information that has been received or learned in the shop, field, or training class.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school offering specialized robotic training
- Minimum 6 years automation/robotic experience a plus, FANUC preferred
- Robotic welding and/or vision experience a plus
- Travel; at times up to 70%
- Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must have a valid credit card
Salary: Hourly DOE
Email to apply: email@example.com
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: