Project Manager - Automation
Project Manager - Automation
Estimated start date - October 2019
Location: Council Bluffs, IA (Relocation assistance available)
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within defined time frame and within budget allowances by performing the following duties personally or through personnel assigned to the project or otherwise enlisted to help.
- Be the face of Acieta to the customer. Maintain customer satisfaction by managing both internal and external expectations throughout the project lifecycle. Organize and lead customer meetings and visits, involving internal team members as necessary, which present Acieta as a professional, innovative and detail oriented company.
- Review project proposals and costing information immediately upon order entry for consistency and relationship to company capabilities to identify and anticipate risks.
- Consult with management personnel and key functional representatives to establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects; arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel and allocation of available resources, including determination of resources outside the company as necessary to meet project objectives, i.e. define the team for the project.
- Summarize project requirements, particularly those affecting financial and scheduling progress and resource management, using company available MIS software to accomplish monitoring methods and formats. Initiate and/or implement new methods to improve reporting effectiveness when deemed necessary. Notify Accounting Department when project milestones related to invoicing have been met.
- Evaluate project definition to formulate conceptual design and technical requirements, including analyzing the project for technical feasibility and risk regarding engineering, producibility, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist and guide team personnel in accomplishing project commitment.
- Consult with the project team to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority, including interface with resources outside the company.
- Build a mutually accountable project team. Encourage, motivate, drive and coordinate the project team personnel to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Lead internal meetings as appropriate to meet and exceed project objectives, to include but not limited to daily/regular project team huddles, project transitions, project kick-offs, design reviews, and other internal meetings.
- Prepare reports and project progress information using tools available (spreadsheets, databases, project management software, etc.). Distribute project reports to management and customers as required generally by company procedures and as may be specifically required by customer/project specification.
- Demonstrate leadership (both internally and externally) by thoroughly understanding the project, consistent communication and documentation, creativity, proper negotiation, managing conflict, and balancing customer and Acieta expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years related experience in design of equipment comparable to products of Acieta or in functions of business closely related to the manufacturing process of these types of products
- 5 years project management experience in an organization using matrix management; work experience related to automation systems is a plus
Salary: Exempt DOE
Submit resume to: email@example.com
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: