Location: Waukesha, WI
This position will be responsible for the mechanical design of robotic automation systems.
Design robotic automation projects within defined time frame and budget allowance by performing the following duties.
- Evaluate project definition and formulate conceptual design and technical requirements. Analyze projects for technical feasibility regarding engineering, manufacturability, and cost implications. Design and size complex mechanical components, assemblies, and robots. Draw on personal technical expertise to assist personnel in accomplishing project commitments.
- Perform mechanical design of robotic cells. This includes detailed design of cell components, as well as overall cell layout.
- Evaluate and select appropriate vendors for fabricated and purchased components. Work with vendors to facilitate on-time delivery of quality parts within known budgets. Negotiate favorable pricing and timing to accomplish project and company goals.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotations to represent realistic expectations of the capabilities and the profitability goals of Acieta.
- Lead meetings consistent with company procedures for design evaluation, design/drawing releases, project status, and project kick-off. Modify schedules or plans required to maintain required goals within reasonable limits.
- Work with all departments as necessary to accomplishing project commitments and company goals.
- A.A.S. in Mechanical Design and 7+ years of automation experience, or B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Solidworks PDM (Solidworks “Associate” certification minimum requirement, Solidworks “Professional” certification preferred)
- 7 + years of experience in designing systems that utilize many different pieces of equipment (7+ years of robotics or automation design experience preferred)
Email Resume to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: