IT Help Desk Technician
IT Help Desk Technician
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
The Help Desk Technician is a self-motivated individual who likes challenges, variety, and helping computer users. A Help Desk Technician installs, supports and troubleshoots PC equipment, and related systems; Interface with users to ensure technical issues are being managed and resolved with exceptional customer service skills; facilitate clear communication between users and IT service providers; assist with software installations; and complete timely and accurate documentation of work performed. The ability to interface well with customers at various levels of seniority is essential to success in this position, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this contract or predecessors.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems.
- Addresses support requests received over the phone or through email and web-based systems.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and professional response to user calls during supported hours.
- Provides a single, identified point of contact for all Help Desk and change request services.
- Support Network Computing Environment:
- Applications: MS Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Design Suite, Team Viewer, GoTo Meeting, SharePoint.
- Operating systems: Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Hardware: HP & Dell Servers, Dell Desktop and Laptops, Microsoft Surface Pro, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Meraki Devices, HID Proxy Card Keyless Entry.
- Server Applications: Windows Server 2008R2 & 2012R2 (Active Directory, Terminal Services, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Hyper-V, DFS Namespace, File and Print Services, and PowerShell); Autodesk Vault Server, Solidworks ePDM Server.
- Fanuc Robotics Roboguide.
- AutoDesk Factory Design Suite Premium, Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium, AutoCAD Electrical, Solidworks.
- Network monitoring.
- Software Updates - establish and maintain updates on all applications used in the environment on a regular basis.
- Continual security assurance for the Company as well as maintain established individual PC secure sites and directions.
- Support of Help Desk Ticketing system for both on-site and remote users.
- Develops, maintains, and executes standard Help Desk operating procedures.
- 2 Year Associates Degree or 2-5 years IT related work experience.
- Must be highly organized to be able to manage multiple priorities on deadline under minimal supervision.
- Good knowledge base of: Windows Operating Systems 8, 8.1 and 10; Hardware including: Desktop, Laptops, and Network and Mobile devices; Networking, TCP/IP, 802.11, VPN, DHCP; Basic knowledge of switches & access points; Mobile device communications/management; Applications used within the office: MS Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Team Viewer, GoTo Meeting, SharePoint, Autodesk, SolidWorks, Fanuc Roboguide, Epicor, ShoreTel, Egnyte; Documentation and maintenance of all hardware, licensing, passwords, and other critical information with respect to department requirements.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred but not required.
- Available for after- hours on-call support and weekend migration and maintenance projects.
- Ability to travel; up to 20% between the Acieta locations as necessary.
Email Resume to apply: email@example.com
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: