Assembly Group Leader
Lead an Assembly team in an efficient, effective, and technical manner. This group is made up of Electrical Assembly, Mechanical Assembly, and Lead Automation Machine Builders that will be supporting the build of Acieta’s custom automation projects in-house and on occasion, at customer facilities. Provide technical expertise and management necessary to support team member’s personal growth, training, and scheduling while maintaining department budgets and on time deliveries.
- Manage the assembly department and grow Acieta’s core values throughout the group with minimal instruction and supervision. Cultural management is a high priority.
- Manage the assembly schedule working with Project Managers to deliver systems to integration on time and on budget.
- Lead the assembly staff including performance reviews such as; employee’s performance for skills, knowledge, training, core values, and work practices.
- Supervise the assembly of complex precision mechanical assemblies and electrical components on automated equipment having critical dimensional specifications and operating relationships.
- Maintain all assembly and job schedules in Epicor for your group. Perform necessary follow-up and expediting of schedules.
- Inspect components for proper fit, form, and function during assembly process and after completion.
- Work from complicated and detailed drawings, specifications, sketches, bills of materials, methods of manufacturing, and other instructions.
- Confer with project managers, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve assembly challenges.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement to shorten production cycles eliminating waste and inefficiencies without sacrificing product quality.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
- Licenses and Other Requirements: Forklift operator’s license; Ability to operate specific equipment or tools; and some travel is required; up to 25%.
Salary: Exempt DOE
Email to apply: email@example.com
To discuss known automation opportunities or discover new ones: