Responsible for working with the Engineering, Service, and Assembly groups as a liaison between the departments, and between Acieta and all Wisconsin’s vendors. Helping the division meet project schedules, reduce costs, improve our overall efficiency and increase the profitability of our projects.
- Perform all shipping and receiving functions both physically and in the ERP System.
- Responsible for inventory components in the shop and ERP System. Label and stage in appropriate areas. Perform full and partial inventory.
- Issuing parts from inventory as needed.
- Set up shipping using appropriate carrier types (LTL, Courier, Dedicated Long Haul, overseas/out-of-country).
- Return any items that may have been received in error or defective items back to our vendors.
- Put together sub-assembly kits for projects.
- Keep projects on time by reviewing open orders to ensure we have the correct parts on or before the project requirement date, maintaining great working relationships with our vendors.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and member-ready area.
- Prepare orders to be shipped including building shipping crates utilizing power and hand tools as needed.
- Must be able to use a forklift and get forklift certified.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Physical Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One to three years related service and/or parts job experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in ERP or other MRP business system computer management software and inventory control interface for use in performance of key job functions preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have a forklift license or the ability to obtain a forklift certification. Must be able to build shipping crates utilizing power and hand tools as needed or the ability to learn.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to be highly motivated, have good social/networking skills, be a team player and put the company first.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Ability to interpret drawing and BOM information.
- Excellent telephone, face-to-face communication, and writing skills.
- Have a commitment to time schedules, organization, and teamwork.
- Excellent computer and proofreading skills.
- Must have a forklift license or the ability to obtain a certificate.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Pulling, lifting, packing, loading and unloading boxes and pallets.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must have the ability to operate specific equipment or tools; type at required speed; and work with specific computer software.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasional lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.