Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Acieta is hiring for a few Robot Programming Engineers for our location in Council Bluffs, IA. This role will provide robotic programming, technical expertise necessary to support quality integration, assistance/start-up, and customer training associated with the company’s products on-time and on-budget. This role will also ensure meeting traditional customer service expectations of customers of induction products, support our customer on-site or off-site with the ability to make technical decisions, as well as discretionary and independent judgment decisions at any time necessary while maintaining all communication with the project manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the technical expertise required for integration, programming, assistance, service of robotic cells including planning/writing of programming code as necessary and ensure the end-product meets functional goals expected of the product on required schedules.
- Help control costs associated with support of the product and project commitments to meet budgeted guidelines by successfully managing a workplan.
- Work with Integration Managers, Shop Team Leads/Supervisors and Production Manager to provide support of projects in the shop. Also, when assigned as the “lead” to projects, keep the Integration Supervisor informed on the status of the project whether it is in-house or on-site.
- Ensure all projects documentation (Tech Checklist, Integration QC Sheets, Operator Instructions, etc.) is completed and saved in the correct location for each project.
- Make timely recommendations to other departments to achieve quality improvements or lowering of design, build, and programming costs.
- Draw from experience of testing and operating products; training programs; or customer inputs.
- Assist in handling incoming calls for service assistance or parts orders consistent with the company's Spare Parts Order Policy or other comparable policies, as well as performing on-site services.
- Maintain a policy that if Acieta built assisted equipment and in production at customer's site, it receives highest priority attention for service unless instructed otherwise by Acieta management.
- Keep Acieta Integration Manager informed daily of customer complaints or dissatisfaction.
- Follow all established customer service procedures and practices (i.e., telephone log of service calls, trip report log and file, reference file of Service Manuals, and "Engineering Bulletins" from Fanuc or other robot vendors) to maintain an orderly reference file in Customer Service Office. This also includes the necessity to maintain a clearly documented record of software files for his/her project that can be easily accessed by any technician to restore a cell in the field.
- Utilize various software programs available within Acieta to assist with the computer utilization goals of the company.
- May be required to back up other techs on larger projects and assist the lead tech on projects where required.
- Must show proficiency in setting up a robot including but not limited to IRS, I/O configuration, Mastering, Aux axis, etc.; setup and application of DCS with Safe I/O in all levels of robotic system recovery.
- Train customers on the use and operation of robotic cells either on-site or at Acieta.
- Attend and successfully complete specific application Fanuc training classes.
- Work with all robot technicians to transfer any new technical information that has been received or learned in the shop, field, or training class.
- Carry out other tasks and assignments as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school offering specialized robotic training; or two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with FANUC robots
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of business community. Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record in-order to be insured by Acheta’s automobile insurance. Must have and maintain a valid passport.
- Travel up to 70%.
- Must be at ease working with others of essentially equal or even greater technical expertise and experience of an effective manner.
- Must be able to make independent, advanced, and technological decisions with projects while maintaining communications with Project Managers to complete project and customer satisfaction.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical activities required by industrial manufacturing tasks.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at email@example.com.